Monday, June 15, 2015

[ceramics] spring show

If you've ever stepped off the T at Brookline Village, you've likely walked past Feet of Clay studio.  It's unassuming storefront is home to a host of wonderfully talented artists and exceptional facilities.  FOC is a small potters cooperative that brings together people of all ages and skill levels.  

For the past year, I had the pleasure of being an intern.  During my tenure, I have learned the behind-the-scenes skill sets required to keep the the studio running; from glaze-making to pugging (recycling clay) to kiln loading.  Though I'd taken a couple of ceramics classes in high school and during college, learning these new skill sets augmented my appreciation for the craft.

I was very excited to participate in the FOC spring show.  Below, are some pictures from my collection.
Hand-poured Candle Collection.  Left: Bloom.  Right: Flora
Planter.  Finding New Heights.
Hand-poured Candle Collection.  Left: Blue Skies Ahead.  Right: Climb Every Mountain.
Doggie Bowl: For Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment